ARPlugin for 3ds Max®
Through AR-media™ Plugin, 3ds Max® 3D models can be visualized out of the digital workspace directly on users' desktop, by connecting a simple webcam and by printing a suitable code.
Users can create their own 3ds Max® Augmented Reality models and distribute them to their clients as independent, stand-alone files and let their clients experience such models in Augmented Reality in a click by using AR-media™ Player.
Try ARPlugin immediately
STEP 1: download the software
STEP 2: sign in and buy a license of ARPlugin.
Main features of ARPlugin
Latest version of the AR-media™ Plugin comes with a lot of new features that make it suitable for the creation of high quality Augmented Reality content. Besides increasing creative possibilities, the new features enhance designer's control over Augmented Reality workflow and visualization.
Export for Mobile devices
Geo-located models for iOS devices: you can use iOS Player to display virtual models in the real world without any marker.
Exporter for iOS devices: you can create .armedia files which can be displayed using AR-media™ Player for iOS.
Chroma key videos: you can play videos created with the chroma key technique (both green and blue screen is supported) as textures on your 3D objects.
Linked Markers: it is possible to display a single model on two or more markers, granting the possibility to display the same object with different viewpoints.
Layers' Management: 3D objects can be placed on different layers, which can be displayed independently during the AR visualization.
Timed Slideshow: you can organize your 3D contents to act as a set of slides. In fact, each layer can be displayed for a chosen time interval and then replaced with the following layer.
Shadows: you can configure the sunlight in SketchUp™ to cast shadows on 3D objects, in order to obtain a more realistic visualization. Moreover, you can interact with this light source in real-time, moving it and modifying the shadows' visualization.
Clipping/Sectioning: thanks to the Clipping planes' management features, it is possible to create sections of 3D objects in real-time.
Notes on exporting for the iOS/Android Player
- - the exported model will be displayed on the chosen marker (linked or multiple markers are not supported yet)
- - video objects will be visualized but with some limitations: video playback will automatically start and loop when finished. Moreover, chroma key videos will be displayed as normal video textures
- - audio objects (as well as soundtracks) are not exported yet
- - custom interactions will be ignored by the iOS player
- - advanced features like real-time shadows, layers and sectioning are not supported by the iOS player
- - Android Player does not currently support audio playback
Please note that the iOS player is under continuous development and these limitations will be progressively removed.