This version of AR-media™ Player can be used to visualize ".armedia" files especially created for Android devices by using ARPlugin.
Main features of Android Player
Among displaying ".armedia" files especially created, Android Player comes with a lot of features which permits you to fully use the mobile features of your devices.
Geo-located models: use Android Player to display virtual models in the real world without any marker.
Adjustable GPS location: change the model's geo-location or your location in real-time to quickly correct the GPS errors.
QR code sharing: download a model by simply point a QR code.
3-DOF Gyro Tracking: view a model in your vicinity without the need for a printed marker or GPS tracking.
Android Player Limitations
Currently, some limitations apply when displaying models in the Android player:
- Linked and/or multiple markers are not supported: every version of ARPlugin does not permit to create a model if multiple or linked markers are found in the scene.
- Video and audio objects, as well as soundtracks cannot be played. Any custom video/audio object will be displayed "as is".
- Custom interactions configured with ARPlugin will be ignored by the Android player. However, you can interact with the model in real-time by zooming and rotating the model by using hand gestures.
- advanced features like real-time shadows, layers management and real-time sectioning are not supported by the iOS player
- audio playback is not currently supported
Android player is under continuous development and these limitations will be progressively removed.